Guava is a tropical fruit cultivated in many tropical and subtropical regions. It is regarded as a great fruit as it provides several health benefits. But did you know that its leaves are good for your health too? Guava leaves should not be overlooked for their countless health benefits.
In this article, I will teach you how to soak Guava leaves in a cup of hot water to cure some health issues.
1. Get some Guava leaves
2. Rinse it very well
3. Soak in a cup of hot water. Wait for some minutes, then drink.
1. Diarrhea: According to a study published in the Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de Sao Paulo, guava- leaf extracts inhibit the growth of Staphylococcus aureus bacteria, a common cause of diarrhea. People suffering from diarrhea who drink guava leaf tea may experience less abdominal pain, fewer and less watery stools, and a quicker recovery, according to Drugs. com. Add the leaves and root of guava to a cup of boiling water, strain the water and consume it on an empty stomach for quick relief.
2. Lowers Cholesterol: LDL or Low- density lipoprotein is one of the five major groups of lipoproteins which transport all fat molecules throughout your body. It is the excess of this class of cholesterol that may cause a host of health disorders particularly that of the heart. According to an article published in Nutrition and Metabolism, study participants who drank guava leaf tea had lower cholesterol levels after eight weeks.
3. Manages Diabetes: Japan has approved guava leaves tea as one of the foods for specified health uses to help with the prevention and treatment of diabetes. The compounds in the tea help regulate blood sugar levels after meals, by inhibiting the absorption of two types of sugars- sucrose and maltose. According to an article published in Nutrition and Metabolism, guava leaf tea inhibits several different enzymes that convert carbohydrates in the digestive tract into glucose, potentially slowing its uptake into your blood.
4. Promotes Weight Loss: Looking to shed the extra inches around your belly? Sip into guava leaf tea. Guava leaves help prevent complex carbs from turning into sugars, promoting rapid weight loss. Drink guava leaves tea or juice regularly to reap the benefits.
5. Fights Cancer: Dr. Anju Sood says, ” Guava leaves can lower the risk of cancer” – especially breast, prostate, and oral cancers- due to high quantities of the antioxidant lycopene. Various studies have revealed that lycopene plays a significant role in lowering the risk of cancer. Guava leaves can lower the risk of cancer.
6. Heals Cold and Cough: Guava leaves contain high levels of Vitamin C and iron, and a decoction of guava leaves is very helpful in relieving cough and cold as it helps get rid of mucus. It also disinfects the respiratory tract, throat, and lungs.
7. Reduces Acne: Due to their high percentage of Vitamin C, guava leaves can help get rid of acne when crushed and applied to trouble spots. Guava leaves can help get rid of acne when crushed and applied to trouble spots.
8. Improves Skin Texture: Guavas have high astringent properties, and guava leaves rank even higher. Apply a decoction of the leaves on your skin to help tone and tighten facial muscles.
9. Prevents Hair Loss: Suffering from hair loss? Guava leaves for hair can keep all your hair- related problems at bay. Guava leaves can be boiled and massaged onto the scalp. Guava is rich in antioxidants that could do wonders for the volume of hair. Note: Make sure the water is cool before applying it to the scalp.