News

Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp doubles down on transfer stance and makes Fabio Carvalho claim

– Advertisement –

Liverpool will have their sights set on overthrowing Manchester City at the summit of the Premier League as they gear up for their opening match of the season against Fulham at Craven Cottage.

The Reds will make the trip to the capital on Saturday intent on following up on last weekend’s Community Shield triumph against their title rivals.

Although Klopp’s side will head into the match as heavy favourites, the Liverpool chief will be without some established players for their curtain-raiser. With the match looming large, Mirror Football takes a look at all the latest news from Anfield.

Klopp doubles down on transfers

Klopp has once again reiterated that Liverpool are not planning to make any further signings this summer – even though a number of players have suffered injury setbacks.

The Reds chief is set to be without Ibrahima Konate and Curtis Jones for this weekend’s season-opener, but Klopp has insisted that dipping back into the market is not in his plans. Liverpool have already snapped up Darwin Nunez, Fabio Carvalho and Calvin Ramsay.

“We have too many injuries, that’s true, but in this moment nothing has changed,” Klopp said on Friday. “We can’t solve a problem we have for four weeks with a transfer,” the German manager continued. “The window is open so we will see but there are no plans.”

Read the full story here.

Carvalho prediction made

Join the debate! How do you think Liverpool will get on against Fulham? Let us know here.

Klopp has hinted that Fabio Carvalho is set for a starring role this season
(
Paul Greenwood/REX/Shutterstock)

After dazzling for Fulham in the Championship last term, Carvalho has been tipped to play a starring role for Liverpool in the Premier League by Klopp – hinting that the 19-year-old has been earmarked for a key role this term.

The Portugal U21 star had been expected to be integrated into the first-team slowly, but Klopp is adamant that the youngster is ready to play his part now. Speaking on Carvalho, Klopp said on Friday: “Top player. I really love it. He’s a massive talent and a really good kid. I’m really happy to have him, so it’s very important for us because we count on this age group as well. We don’t wait now until they are 22, 23 or whatever and use them.

“No, no, no. He is ready like Harvey is ready in the similar age group. That’s really cool. We all need luck in life as well with injury and stuff like this, but without that he will be a really important player for us.”

Read the full story here.

Klopp shares World Cup fury

Klopp is not happy with the Premier League’s scheduling around the winter World Cup
(
YouTube/Liverpool)

Ahead of Liverpool’s trip to Fulham, Klopp has slammed the disruption that the World Cup will bring. The Premier League will be brought to a halt in November for the tournament in Qatar – and Klopp is not happy about the short rest period players will receive once the tournament concludes.

The German said: “If all the players then have a break it is not a problem, it is good. It is like a winter break, which I had in Germany as a player a lot, four weeks, stuff like that.

“The problem is the players who play the World Cup, that is just not okay but it is decided a long time ago. If you go to the final at a World Cup and win it or lose or a third-place match you are already quite busy and then the rest starts a week later. When I start talking about it, I get really angry.”

Read the full story here.

Read More

Read More

Source

Source:ghanamma.com/

Leave a Response


close