Many people question if having s*x before, during, or right after their period is safe. People can continue to have s*x during menstruation, but many of the considerations about infection and pregnancy remain the same.
There are also a few other factors that people may wish to take into account when considering s*x during menstruation in order to make the experience as comfortable as possible.
The biggest downside to having s*x during period is the mess. Blood can get on you, your partner, and the sheets, especially if you have a heavy flow. Aside from dirtying the bed, bleeding may make you feel self-conscious. Anxiety over making a mess can take some or all of the fun out of s*x.
In this article, we address some common questions related to having s*x during menstruation, including the benefits and risks.
Can You Have S*x During Period?
During your reproductive years, you’ll get a menstrual period about once a month. Unless you’re especially squeamish, there’s no need to avoid s*xual activity during your period. Though period sex can be a bit messy, it is safe. And, having s*x when you’re menstruating can actually offer a few advantages, including relief from menstrual cramps.
Tips On Having S*x During Period
Here are a few tips to make period s*x a more comfortable and less messy experience:
- Be open and honest with your partner. Tell them how you feel about having s*x during your period, and ask how they feel about it. If either of you is hesitant, talk about the reasons behind the discomfort.
- If you have a tampon in, remove it before you start fooling around.
- Spread a dark-colored towel on the bed to catch any blood leaks. Or, have s*x in the shower or bath to avoid the mess entirely.
- Keep a wet washcloth or wet wipes by the bed to clean up afterward.
- Have your partner wear a latex cond0m. It will protect against pregnancy and STIs.
- If your usual sexual position is uncomfortable, try something different. For example, you may want to try lying on your side with your partner behind you.
What Are The Health Benefits
Having s*x during your period has a few upsides:
1. Relief From Cramps
Orgasms may relieve menstrual cramps. Menstrual cramps are a result of your uterus contracting to release its lining. When you have an org@sm, the muscles of your uterus also contract. Then they release. That release should bring some relief from period cramps.
S*x also triggers the release of chemicals called endorphins, which make you feel good. Plus, engaging in s*xual activity occupies your mind, which may help take it off your menstrual discomfort.
2. Shorter Periods
Having s*x may make your periods shorter. Muscle contractions during an orgasm push out the uterine contents faster. That could result in shorter periods.
3. Increased Sex Drive
Your libido changes throughout your menstrual cycle, thanks to hormonal fluctuations. While many women say their s*x drive increases during ovulation, which is about two weeks before your period, others report feeling more turned on during their period TAP HERE TO READ THE REST OF THE BENEFITS 👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆